Health executives at the Community Health Care Association of New York State engaged Pivot Point to provide athenaOne EHR platform support for six Community Health Centers. However, with the April 2021 implementation of the 21st Century Cures Act, CHCANYS additionally faced the challenge of providing education and support to their 70+ Community Health Centers, considering the Act’s data sharing and interoperability requirements.
The health system partnered with Pivot Point Consulting, a Vaco Company to address challenges and strategies related to the use of athenaOne for HCCN goals such as developing and delivering training via user group calls and webinars, developing CHC specific reports PRAPARE and social risk factor data collection and providing ad hoc support. We also built a program and playbook to support awareness and compliance with the Cures Act to advance HCCN goals. We then developed training materials and tools to support each unique CHC in their work with the Cures Act.
- Reduction in the five-year backlog of report build requests for areas such as case review and behavioral health metrics,
- Development of “how to” guides for quality measure documentation and reporting,
- Workflow/functionality optimization for use of athena Communicator, Family Sharing, and accelerators
- Individual CHC and organization-wide Cures Act training and support plan
- Increased communication between EHR vendors and CHCs for functionality enhancements.
About Pivot Point Consulting
Pivot Point Consulting, 2022 #2 Best in KLAS: Overall IT Services Firm, enables healthcare organizations to realize the most value from their technology and resources through EHR, ERP, Strategy, Virtual Care, Data & Analytics, Cybersecurity, Service Desk, Application Support and Revenue Cycle Management services. Our experts deliver consulting, managed services and talent solutions to providers, payers, life sciences and technology organizations. For more information, visit us at pivotpointconsulting.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.