Disaster Recovery Analysis
Engage our experts in developing your Disaster Recovery Strategy.
In an environment where organizations are increasingly reliant on timely access to accurate, complete clinical and financial data and information, the prospect of unauthorized access is acute. HIPAA regulations are clear about the need for organizations to have comprehensive disaster recovery plans that are both documented and testable.
Without such a plan, clinical outcomes, patient safety, organizational revenue and brand image are subject to negative impact. Pivot Point Consulting understands the mission critical nature of healthcare IT systems. We work with our clients to develop disaster recovery plans that support the business objectives of their systems, balanced against risk and budget. As part of the process, our experts review and consider the business and clinical impacts for all stakeholders. We also work to identify critical vulnerabilities within the organization. Strategies to address these issues include the following:
• Take a “Business First, IT Second” approach
• Identify key technologies and applications by level of importance to the organization
• Work with business stakeholders to determine data loss and downtime tolerance
• Develop comprehensive budget estimates
• Strengthen key operational areas, considering HIPAA requirements
• Assess current IT recovery feasibility based on current maturity level
Pivot Point can develop a comprehensive disaster recovery plan that supports your healthcare organization across all environments, including public and private clouds, hosted applications, and on-premise traditional data center environments.