Leveraging Telemedicine – Pivot Point Consulting’s Jon Melling Presents at North Carolina HFMA Summer Conference
Telemedicine adoption and application is rapidly advancing. At the North Carolina HFMA Summer Conference last week, Pivot Point Consulting’s Jon Melling spoke to attendees about changes and updates coming to telemedicine, and how healthcare organizations can best prepare to take advantage of them.
In his presentation, Jon cited data showing the growth and impact of Telemedicine. In October 2017, H&HN Magazine reported that globally telemedicine is predicted to grow by 200% between 2014 and 2020. With the average cost savings for commercial payers based on virtual versus in-person visits for acute conditions of $126 per visit. Considering that 78% of consumers say they would be interested in virtual care some or most of the time, that represents huge potential for cost savings.
There are a range of benefits to providers and patients when properly utilizing telemedicine programs:
- Support of population health management, and early detection and intervention
- Expanded services help counter patient leakage
- Reduced readmissions through remote patient monitoring
- Improved cost control via remote access to specialists
- Improved staff utilization/productivity
- Support care collaboration and coordination
- Supports provider and patient mobility
- Improved patient engagement
If you are interested in learning how to better leverage telemedicine within your organization, contact us.
Check out the Pivot Point Consulting events calendar to learn where we’ll be next.